What is this?
Express yourself is a songwriting project for young people and young adults (12 years – 30 years) interested in music.
It will combine a number of interactive creative experiences for participants involved.
This may include:
- Interactive workshops based around music
- Studio visits
- Full day recording session in a professional Studio
- Making a music video
- Opportunity to perform
- Media exposure
- All costs covered courtesy of the project
- Must be aged between 12 – 30 years of age
- Newly arrived migrant or refugee (0-5 years settlement)
- From south west Sydney
- Must be able to submit songwriting; lyrics, musical piece
- Song piece must cover themes relating to COVID-19:
Topics may include:
- Staying at home
- Online learning – internet issues
- No Shopping or going out
- Following the news
- Fear and uncertainty
- Better days (optimistic viewpoint on 2020)
- Social media and communication
- Struggle (juggling homework, housework, medical appointments, etc)
- Hardship (personal, family and/or financial)
For More Information, please contact the coordinators:
M: 0412 794 619
M: 0412 499 907
Sign up with the form below
Funded by the NSW Settlement Partnership (NSP)
Funded by the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs through the Settlement Engagement and Transition Support (SETS) programme.