CORE Community Services runs a number of refugee services via Multicultural Communities, including an Employment, Education and Training project aimed at unlocking the barriers newly arrived refugees, migrants and humanitarian entrants face in trying to access the job market.
Our refugee services are well sought after in South West Sydney, with our Employment, Education and Training project offering the following services:
- Provision of information and referrals to relevant training and employment opportunities
- Positive mentoring services (including job readiness support)
- The facilitation of local work experience
- Overseas qualification recognition support
- Orchestrating training and employment opportunities (you can find out what training we are currently running by visiting our calendar)
Each year we run an Employment Expo in conjunction with a number of other organisations. The Employment Expo offers local refugees, migrants and humanitarian entrants an opportunity to connect with organisations who can help them access the job market, from TAFE providers to resume writing professionals.
Our Pathways to Employment Expo 2017 will be held at Cabra Vale Diggers on Wednesday, 17th May 2017 from 10am – 2pm.
View our calendar to see when the next Employment Expo is scheduled.
Our team also publicly advocates and raises awareness about identified issues and concerns surrounding refugee, migrant and humanitarian entrant employment, via participation in a number of forums and networks and publicly voicing concerns in the media.
For more information about our refugee services, or to access our Employment, Education and Training project, please contact us.
Get in touch with us today, we’d love to hear from you.