The Youth Early Intervention and Prevention Team is part of our youth homelessness program called UpFront. It focuses on assisting homeless young people in accessing support, maintaining contacts with first to know agencies, schools and health services, as well as promoting awareness about youth homelessness.
The Youth Early Intervention and Prevention Team is run by our Youth Services team and provides early intervention and prevention support to young people who are homeless or at risk of being homeless.
How can we help?
Our team is available to assist young people who are experiencing risk factors for homelessness, including:
- Under pressure or in crisis due to family conflict
- Brokerage support
- Access to our network of services we work collaboratively with to assist you
- Programs – Tuning into Teens, Life Skills, Driving Lessons and more
- Access to training and education (Partnership with Catch Training and Edway)
- Employment assistance – Resume Support
- Experiencing overcrowding and lack of income
- At risk of disengaging with education
- Any other contributing issues that may result in the young person becoming homeless
If you think you need help or support to find a place to stay or live, please feel free to contact us and talk to one of our staff
Get in touch with us today, we’d love to hear from you.