What will the Core Youth Council do?
By becoming a member of the Youth Council, you will develop leadership skills, become a voice for young people in the community and be involved in many youth and community events.
The Youth Council will:
- Meet on a bi-monthly basis
- Act as the voice of young people in the Fairfield and Liverpool
- Advocate, provide advice, and make recommendations to Core Community Services on matters affecting young people and Fairfield and Liverpool community
- Coordinate, plan and implement community activities and events
- Participate in community activities and consultations
- Promotes awareness to the community on issues impacting on young people
- Encourage positive views and opinions of young people and their achievements in the local community.
- To create an active interest amongst young people in the Fairfield and Liverpool Local Government areas
Who can apply for the Youth Council?
The youth council will consist of representatives from Core Community Services and ten (10) young people. The Youth Council is open to all young people from fourteen (14) to eighteen (18) years of age, who live within the Fairfield and Liverpool Local Government areas.
How to Apply?
How to apply for the Youth Council:
To apply for a role on the Youth Council, send the completed application form and supporting documentation* by post or email, to the details provided overleaf. Supporting documentation may include photographs, written references, samples of work or newspaper articles.
A selection panel will review all applications.
*Please do not supply original copies of documentation, as we are unable to return them.
Your application must address the following:
- What strengths do you believe you can contribute to the Youth Council (e.g. Public Speaking skills, Organisational skills, Excellent knowledge of Local Area)?
- Why do you want to be involved in the Youth Council?
- Why do you think it is important to have a Youth Council?
- What would you like the Youth Council to address?
- Parent/ carer/ guardian permission to participate in the Youth Council
The panel will make its selection based on the content of the applications and the information made available at the time of application.
All applications will be considered. The judging panel’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Late applications will not be considered.